This document applies to all personal information held by Cutajar HIFI & Video Centre. as the controllers of your personal data and goes into detail on how we processes your data, why do we process it, with whom this data may be shared, in what situations we may share this data and all the measures we are taking to ensure that your data is safe and secure.
The terms of this policy continue to apply if you have sent us your data to be part of our marketing mailing list and also if you have applied for a position with Cutajar HIFI & Video Centre.
This website stores cookies on your computer. These cookies are used to collect information about how you interact with our website and allow us to remember you. We use this information in order to improve and customize your browsing experience and for analytics and metrics about our visitors both on this website and other media.
The information so gathered through cookies may include:
• the date and time when You access our Website
• the Website pages that You view and any download that You may make through such pages
• whether or not such viewing or download is successful
• the Internet address of the Website or the domain name of the computer from which You access our Website
• the operating system of the machine running Your Web browser; and the type and version of Your Web browser
Details about the data controller & Scopea
The data controller as defined under the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 which is generally referred to as the General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter referred to as “GDPR”), is Cutajar HIFI & Video Centre.
The GDPR, is a new EU Commission regulation seeking to strengthen the protection of your personal data.
At Cutajar HIFI & Video Centre we seek to uphold the high standard imposed by GDPR by providing you with peace of mind that your personal data is stored securely and safely.
How is information collected from you
Cutajar HIFI & Video Centre through this website or through the general provision of its services, may collect personal data from you. Personal data would be collected from you in any of the following occurrences:
• Submitting to our newsletter – By submitting your contact details to receive newsletters, you are providing us with your personal data
• Submitting a query through our Website – By submitting a query through our website, you would be providing us with your personal data
• Applying for a position with Cutajar HIFI & Video Centre – In the eventuality of sending us a CV in relation to applying for a position with us, you will providing us with your personal data
Our Legal Basis for Data Processing
In relation to job applications:
When applying to work at Cutajar HIFI & Video Centre consent has been given from your side to process your information. Cutajar HIFI & Video Centre will delete your data when it is determined that it is no longer required, unless you consent to your data being kept for a further period.
In relation to marketing:
Data will be processed if you have consented to receiving Cutajar HIFI & Video Centre’s newsletter.
We may collect any of the following data following your consent:
• Name and Surname
• Your CV and data within it
• Professional References
• Criminal History
• Contact details
• Name and Surname
• Contact Details
Processing of your Personal Data
Data for which you have given consent, will be processed and stored in our systems and servers, to be then subsequently used from relevant teams to be able to provide you with the relevant service requested.
• You have the right to access your data and ask for a copy of your personal data
• You have the right to ask us to rectify any incorrect data which we have in our possession
• You have the right to be forgotten and that your data is erased after the passage of time. As previously mentioned, due to legal requirements, your data will be held by Cutajar HIFI & Video Centre for the periods stated in the data retention section and then deleted
• You have the right to restriction of procession. This can be done in the following cases:
o Contesting the accuracy of the data, while such a claim is being checked
o If we no longer need your data but are keeping the data because we need it for a legal claim
o If any of your data is processed unlawfully
• You have the right to data portability. Data may be requested in a machine-readable format. You can also request that your data is made transferrable directly to another person
• You may object to the processing of your data, after which we shall stop using your data for such purposes
• If you have provided consent for the processing of your data you have the right to withdraw that consent
From time to time, marketing material in the form of newsletters may be sent to those individuals which have subscribed to our mailing list in the Website.
Your Personal Data is retained in terms of the last and any personal data is deleted when the retention period ends.
For Job Application purposes, in the eventuality that a prospective employee is not engage with Cutajar HIFI & Video Centre, the personal data is retained for six months than deleted, unless the candidate explicitly gives us consent to retain it for a further period.
For Marketing purposes, specifically the distribution of the Newsletter, Personal Data is retained until You unsubscribe from our mailing list.
Security of Data
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
In the eventuality that you notice a breach in your data, please refer to the Inquiries on Personal Data section
Inquiries on Personal Data
Requests to have access to your own personal data or to have the personal data corrected can be made by sending a request on email@example.com. You are asked to provide us with your name, surname, address, together with details of the information required or correction needed. Identification data such as copies of I.D. Card may be requested for your own security.
Kindly also contact us on this e-mail address in the eventuality that you notice a breach in your data rights. We will ensure to notify the relevant authorities within 72 hours of becoming aware of it.
Changes to our Policy
Last Updated 31th June 2020